Wednesday 13 January 2016

#Readers do you read every #book you purchase?


On my husband's way out to work this morning, I checked the letterbox, as usual. Another book I'd ordered had arrived. As usual.

I held it up to him as he drove off, and he just smiled and shook his head. Another book?


Yes, just the next one in a near-continuous stream of books I purchase.

But do I read them all?

No, not even half of them. Perhaps not even a third.

In my old age, having always been a voracious reader, and with so little leisure time these days, I've become super picky about my reading matter. If it doesn't hook me in the first few pages, I'll not bother finishing it. Too many typos or grammatical errors? More reasons to chuck it aside.

What about you? Do you read every book you buy ... doggedly slogging on to The End, even if you hate the story, in the hope it might pick up?

Or do you give up, like me, early on in the piece?





I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, if you'd like to leave a comment.



No comments: