Thursday 6 September 2012

OSCAR: Sometime in 1998 - 3rd September 2012






Well, my writing, and everything else, has been at a bit of a standstill this week, as my family come to terms with the loss of our beloved border collie, Oscar, aged 14.
We had 13 fabulous years with him... he grew up with my children and was their best play mate, never once growling at them when forced to dress up, jump on a trampoline, be a pack horse, etc...
Now there is no smiling face or wagging tail to greet my at the gate, no waterbowl to fill, no one to take for a walk...
Ah dear, so lovely to have pets, but so heart-breaking when we have to say goodbye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome beauty. Fourteen is amazing, but I consider that the power of love. Bye Oscar.

Liza Perrat said...

Thanks, Kelly... yes he was an awesome doggy, and will be dearly missed!